Monday, April 12, 2010

Party Time

Yesterday our Singles' Club had a wine and cheese party with a view to welcoming new members. We had a good time, but unfortunately we only had about four new people. On the bright side, however, there was one man brave enough to join the party. I doubt, however, that he will come to any meetings, they rarely do.

Everyone was asked to bring some type of food and we had so much, most of it some kind of cheese. I brought my spicy sausage balls which went over well, probably because they were different.

In order to add to the fun and encourage mingling, which unfortunately we rarely do, each person had a sticker on her back with the name of a famous person. We had to ask questions and try to guess who "we" were based on those questions. I was Madonna and had a hard time with that. I drew a blank on popular singers, I don't follow pop music that closely. Give me a country singer or someone from the 50's and I can figure it out, but popular music and I'm lost. Some of the clues were clever. One of the women said this was a female singer who was "up front". I immediately thought of Dolly Parton. It wasn't until they mentioned controversial adoption that I realized I was Madonna. It was a lot of fun, and I got a prize - a lottery scratch-off ticket. I actually won $5.00, so it was a good day.

It looks like our new officers will be more active and planning all sorts of good things for us. Our next event will be a tea and show at a local university. More on that after the show in May.

No comments: