Tuesday, April 13, 2010

An Important Lesson Learned

Tonight while I was preparing dinner I received a phone call. They wanted my opinion, particularly on the upcoming republican primary election. Since I'm always ready, willing and able to give my opinion on anything at any time I took the call.

Throughout the call the girl had trouble reading the questions. Certain words such as constituents, political and even some smaller words gave her problems. I was getting annoyed and impatient with her inability to read. I even had to finish some of the words for her.

About three quarters through the call I realized that even though this girl had trouble reading, she at least tried. She was working and not sitting home complaining that she didn't have a job and it was someone else's fault. I'm sorry now that I was so impatient with her. She should be commended. She's trying.

I learned a lesson tonight. I should not judge a person so quickly.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

but.. .. if someone wants your opinion and hire someone to ask you... at least the person should be trained to read the questions correctly.

That's the part I don't like. Were you the first person she'd called? Why hadn't she done her homework and read the questions aloud. Why hadn't she studied her material?

I guess you have more grace to give than I.