Thursday, April 8, 2010

Organization vs. Sentimentality

I had some shelves put in the closet in my office. This is supposed to solve my clutter problem.

I decided to go through some of the boxes before putting them back. There were a few things on top that belonged to my son. This was good, I could just send them off to him, maybe even get rid of the box. Unfortunately, there were just a few of his things, the rest belong to me.

I started going through them. Maybe I can throw something away. Here's a picture of my father and his family when he was about 9 years old. That stays. There are cards that my boys made for Christmas and Mother's Day, how could I possibly throw them out. I know some people are so organized that they would scan the cards, save them in the computer and throw out the originals. I'm not that organized or unsentimental.

But, I do believe someone will be getting a package soon.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

keep the real deal. yes.