Tuesday, April 6, 2010

German Lesson

This morning I had to leave the house for a 10:00 am meeting, then it was scrabble time and I was at the desk all afternoon. Because I was pressed for time I didn't have my German lesson. After dinner I had a strange feeling. There was something missing. Then I realized my problem. I was feeling guilty about missing my lesson.

I managed to put 1/2 hour aside, after all NCIS with Mark Harmon and David McCallum was on at 8:00 and then NCIS LA with Chris O'Donnell at 9:00. I just couldn't miss them. I am just so surprised at my feelings. Just last week going to a lesson, even just in my office, was a chore. I went, but I didn't feel like it.

I must really want to learn. I'm really enjoying my lessons and making progress. Of course, this is just the beginning. I haven't studied a language since 2nd year in high school and that was Latin. So far I haven't had to face the rules, just words and pronunciations. I see a picture, then hear and see the name.

Crash has to sit on my desk while I'm learning. She may just be a bi-lingual cat. The other day while she was sitting on my desk I suddenly got it. You know the gasp or OH when you get it, while I scared Crash and disturbed her.

No comments: