Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tempus Fugit (time flies)

Today was my afternoon at the activities desk. I have to be there to take reservations for the various events in the community. It's often very quiet and boring so I usually bring a bottle of water, newspaper, book and snack.

Today was different. Our activities director was trying to do some advanced work on her computer and asked for some help. We managed to scan a picture and poster which she then sent out to the community. Next she tried to load several pictures into an album on our website. She tried, I tried, but as much as we tried we couldn't load more than one picture at a time. Finally, she gave in and called the company that services our website. They said you can only load one picture at a time. That seems prety dumb, but that's the way it is.

After all this work, I checked my watch and discovered that 2 1/2 hours of my 3 hours had passed. I went back to my desk and puttered for a little while, then it was time to go home. I've never had an afternoon go by so quickly. I was so busy I forgot to eat my snack.

No comments: