Monday, February 22, 2010

Crash

This morning when I was sitting at my desk, Crash decided to come up and "help" me. She sat directly in front of my and stared over my shoulder. She kept staring, never blinking. It was very unnerving.

I was getting very nervous with the way she was staring. I know this cat and I know she wouldn't attack me. But, she is an animal and even though she been a domesticated cat for many generations, there's always the chance she will revert to her wild side.

I took a chance and picked her up and just laid her on my shoulder. She was very content there and was purring, so I relaxed. She stayed there for quite a while, actually until my arm started to get tired from her weight. And she stopped staring.

Later, I looked in the mirror an saw that there was one hair, just one, out of place and sticking out. I took it out. I guess that's what she was staring at. It was probably moving every time I moved my head. She exercised great restraint in not going after it to play.

No comments: