Friday, October 9, 2009

Wednesday in the Park

The weather on Wednesday morning didn't look too promising for our trip to the City. Fortunately, that changed and the sun came out. So did a lot of the uptown residents. On my visit to Central Park I saw a low of people strolling and some even taking advantage of one of the last warm days to soak up some sun.






I saw the Mad Hatter statue and the following plaque. I had never heard this version of the Starlight rhyme.In case you can't read it from this angle, here it is:

Twinkle twinkle little bat
How I wonder what you're at
Up above the world you fly
Like a tea-tray in the sky

Has anyone else heard this version?

I've seen many bloggers showing pictures of the wildlife in their area. I thought I'd show some of the wildlife I saw on my visit to the park.

Here's a genuine New York pigeon. His coloring is different from the pigeons I've usually seen.

It's hard to see, but in the middle of the picture is a picture of our long tail squirrel that inhabits Central Park.
Here are some more of the pigeons that were hanging around the park.


1 comment:

Connie Peterson said...

Thank you for your comment! How far do you live from the "city"???? I was in New York for a week many years ago and spent most of my time going to shows, but walked around the Broadway area a lot. I enjoyed it but was so glad to get home to Minnesota and fewer people. Now, going to Minneapolis is too many people, too much noise!!

As far as the "Twinkle Twinkle" song, that's in "Alice in Wonderland" - Alice argues that the poem is not right but cannot convince the Mad Hatter.