Friday, October 9, 2009

Barak Obama Wins the Nobel Peace Prize

Is this a joke?

This morning when I saw the news that Barak Obama had received the Nobel Peace Prize, I just couldn't believe it. I checked the calendar to make sure it's not April 1.

I don't see how anyone could have made this decision. His nomination was submitted just two weeks into his administration. He certainly had no record of great public work, no work among the sick and dying, no negotiated treaties between warring nations.

As for the time since he took office, he has divided the country with his push for health care for all. He has taken over the automobile industry, taken control of some banks. He's trying to control the pay of executives. His administration has mocked the participants at Town Hall meetings just because these citizens wanted their elected representatives to know how they felt.

The war in Afganistan has gotten worse, we have more casualties. He doesn't meet with his generals to get their ideas to make the situation better. Iran is shooting missiles to show their power. Yes, they have agreed to inspections, but at their leisure. That gives them enough time to hide everything.

I guess the kool-aid has made it to Norway. Maybe if I have some, I'll see the wisdom of their decision, or maybe this is a consolation prize for not getting the olympics.

6 comments:

threecollie said...

It does my heart good to see that others feel the same way we did when we heard this outrage this morning. What a shame for the legitimate winners of the prize to have it demeaned in such a way. Good post!

Snooty Primadona said...

Thank you! At least there is someone else who sees this as crazy. I'm still in shock.

Anonymous said...

a collective "HUH"!?!?!?!? like you it could be april 1... say it aint so

blessings all

we need 'em
gp :)

BetteJo said...

Next one will be in a cracker jacks box. Apparently that's all these things are worth these days!

ms/sss said...

The announcement that Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize was confusing to me, too. I wonder if the honor wasn't a bit embarrassing to Obama, also, because it was so premature. He won the race before the starting bell rang.
ms/sss

Pamela said...

I wondered if it was an attempt on the part of the Nobel Committee to meddle or manipulate him.

I am becoming skeptical old woman.
I question everything.