Thursday, October 8, 2009

City Fix

Yesterday our community had a bus ride into Manhattan. My original plan was to meet a friend and we would do a little shopping and then have a nice leisurely lunch. Unfortunately, she had a dental emergency and couldn't make it.

I changed my plans and went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I just love that place and I'm convinced that even though I've been there several times in the past few years, I haven't seen it all.

After wandering around the museum for a couple of hours, I took a walk to Central Park. What a beautiful park. Even though it was very windy, there were several people there relaxing and enjoying the sunny weather.

I took a lot of pictures and once I organize them, I'll show them off. I feel so much better now that I've had my "city fix". Can't wait to do it again. I'm kicking myself that I never took advantage of all that NYC has to offer when I lived in Queens.

Today, a few members of our photography club will be on a field trip to the Sculpture Garden to shoot some sculptures.

No comments: