Sunday, October 4, 2009

Old Clothes

Timing is everything.

Since I've been cleaning my closet and getting rid of old, uncomfortable or too tight clothes, I've also been feeling guilty about throwing some of these clothes out. But my garage is filled with boxes of good clothes that I plan on taking to a charity, soon. Unfortunately, I've been planning on doing this for years and I never seem to get around to it.

Yesterday's mail brought a card from a local church saying they would come to my house and pick up any old clothes I want to give away. They'll even give me a receipt for tax purposes. I think this is the same church one of my friends mentioned last week. It sounds like a good deal. They collect the clothes and then give them away to those who need them most.

Now I can kill two or three birds with one stone. I don't have to bring the clothes somewhere, they will be picked up. My garage will be cleaner and someone will have some warm clothes this winter.

I'll make the call tomorrow.

1 comment:

HMK said...

A win win situation!!