Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Prizes

Every year our singles group organizes a luncheon and game day for the community. It's open to the whole community, but as usual, only the women attend. Today was our game day.

Every year we pick tickets for a door prize. These prizes are donated by the members, usually they are new things we have around the house. They're never old or used. Last year I donated a couple of Lenox dishes, nothing fancy or big. In fact, I had bought them years earlier on sale for my collection of last minute presents. There were so many gifts last year that some of them were saved for this year.

I won a door prize today. I won my Lenox dish back. I'm really thrilled because I had to think long and hard about donating it last year.

I guess some things are just meant to be. My dish and I will live happily ever after.

No comments: