Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Harvest

Since my herbs have been doing so well I decided to use some of them tonight. I scoured through my collection of cookbooks and found an interesting recipe in The Herb Farm Cookbook.

All I needed was a boneless chicken breast, oil, wine, lemon, butter, dill and parsley. It felt so good to just go out the back door and harvest a few sprigs of dill and parsley. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, I used one chicken breast instead of two, but I did use the full recipe for the sauce.

It was delicious. I also served some mashed potatoes with butter. For dessert, I made a little dish called "Eve's Pudding". It's hard to explain, but I think I used too many apples. Otherwise it too was very good.

I find it hard to understand why women who live by themselves don't want to cook for themselves. After all, there's no one to complain about the meal and you can make whatever you want.

No comments: