Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Fun and Games

Today our Singles Club hosted its third annual luncheon and games afternoon. And I learned something about myself. Last year it was my responsibility, I had to order the food, arrange for centerpieces, etc. This year I just had to take orders and pictures. It was much more fun.

Our theme was New York, The Big Apple and it went over big, even with the Jersey natives. We had egg creams which I haven't had since I was a teenager. We even introduced our maintenance man to them. He's from Louisiana and had never heard of them. After our lunch of pastrami, corned beef and turkey sandwiches and dessert of New York Cheesecake with a small black and white cookie on the side we all went off to play our favorite games.

Three of my friends and I played canasta and my team won. It was a good day. I won at cards and no responsibility for the outcome of the day.

No comments: