There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, August 16, 2007

TOY RECALL, PART II

The other day I saw another news conference on the recent toy recall. It had already started when I tuned in. Evidently there was a discussion about the loose magnets on some of the toys. The woman who was leading the conference was discussing the danger of the loose magnets. She said that when two are swallowed, they attract each other and may form a blockage in the intestines.

Evidently, there is no danger when one is swallowed.

I know this is a very serious matter, but I got a mental picture of a child who has swallowed a magnet being pulled and stuck to the refrigerator.

1 comment:

ms/sss said...

Why haven't we mothers been wise enough to sew a magnet on the back of the kids clothing? Then, when they start acting out, send them to the fridge for a snack! Mmmm?