Friday, August 10, 2007

Coffe

Last night I had dinner with a good friend and, over a glass of wine, we discussed our second favorite beverage - coffee.

I mentioned that I take my coffee black because when I add milk I can feel my heart racing. It doesn't make sense that I can drink cups and cups of black coffee, but add milk and I have to stop at one. That made me think.

Maybe it's not the caffeine that affects people, maybe it's the added milk and sugar. Afterall, any teacher will tell you that excess sugar makes children hyper.

I'm beginning to think that my completely unscientific theory ranks up there with my mother's. Her feeling was that it was the ice in a drink that makes you sick, not the amount of liquor. Am I becoming my mother?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

PF/SSS
THANKS FOR THE AMUSING OBSERVATIONS TODAY. I WOULD ASK FOR A BIG FAT GRANT TO STUDY YOUR THEORY. I'D STAND BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY. HOWEVER, I DO LIKE YOUR MOTHER'S THEORY BETTER. LOL
PF/SSS

Anonymous said...

I don't know about theory, but one thing I do know, and that is I would love to stand and have a few drinks with your mother as we discuss her theory!!! Ah! Heaven.