Monday, November 2, 2009

The Neighborhood

The other day when I was working at the clubhouse a woman wanted to check on the time of an event that her husband was attending. When she told me his name, something clicked. I mentioned that there was someone at my grammar school with the same name. She didn't think he was the same person since they came from a small, little known neighborhood - Cityline.

I said that was where I was talking about. I asked her where she lived, and found out she lived around the corner from me. She didn't recognize my name or my brother's name, but would talk to her husband.

It's so nice to meet someone from the neighborhood. I was feeling left out, there are so many native New Jerseyans and Staten Islanders here that I gave up on finding anyone from Woodhaven or Cityline.

It's a small world.

1 comment:

ms/sss said...

I cannot believe that any person would ever think of Cityline as a small unknown neighborhood. I bet she's forgotten about the Earl Theater, John's Ice Cream Parlor and Mary's Candy Store. How about Bohack and the A&P or Roitman's Drugstore? Did she ever stop by the 5&10, have a hot dog at Nathan's or buy potato salad at Kucks'Deli? And remember, people came from everywhere to sleigh ride down Forbell Hill. I think of Cityline as a Brooklyn highlight!
ms/sss