Saturday, November 7, 2009

Lost and Found

I love my house except for one thing. I simply don't have enough storage space. I'm always sticking things in unrelated little nooks and crannies around the house.

A few months ago I was looking for my compote so I could make a nice centerpiece. I looked all over the house. I didn't remember breaking it, but it wasn't in any of the usual places. I knew I hadn't brought it to anyone's house with a dessert. I just couldn't find it.

Today I was looking for a bottle of cough medicine which I bought a couple of weeks ago. I had bought two bottles, used one and put the other on the side. I've looked in all the closets, the medicine closet (the most obvious), even the laundry room. I just can't find it. I know I'll find it in an obvious spot just as soon as I'm over my cough or buy another bottle.

However, I did find my compote. It was in the kitchen (what a silly place for it) in a cabinet that I rarely use because I'm short and it's tall. My mother always said, "When you look for one thing, you find another".

Let's see what else should I look for so I can find my cough medicine.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

I agree. I've learned that I need to put stuff in the first place I think of and leave it there.

How often I've started to put something in a storage area and then thought, "No, I think I better put in here instead."

My mind always goes back to the first place that I chose.