Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cookbook

Our cookbooks are in and look pretty good if I must say so myself. Everyone is very impressed. I can honestly say it was easy, especially when compared with about 10 or 20 years ago.

The other day I was speaking with a woman in the clubhouse. She said that many years ago she had worked on a cookbook. Everything had to be typed a certain way, then printed, then they had to do the layout and send everything to the printer. All we had to do was type the recipes on a form, decide on certain designs, prepare our cover and e-mail our account to the company, they did the rest.

The first couple of days, we had a hard time keeping up with the customers, but it has slowed down lately. Last night, we didn't have any customers. I tried telling them that it was Volume II, but they didn't believe me. I really don't know why.

We'll be there today, then I think I'll take a week off before the next big sales pitch. We've sold half and at least will cover our costs. I haven't bought any yet because I keep thinking of people I want to give it to. Cheap gift.

No comments: