Friday, November 20, 2009

Crash Speaks


Let me tell you about the week I have had. Really, it has been a terrible month.

Mom had a cold. I wasn't worried because I knew I wouldn't catch it, because she didn't throw it. But, she had this cough, and she would cough for what seemed like hours. It would wake me up from a very sound sleep. She even coughed in the middle of the night and would wake me up and keep me awake. How rude! Doesn't she know I need my sleep. After all, cats need to sleep at least 20 hours a day.

Then when the cold was over, she hurt her back and couldn't bend. Instead of gently putting my food dish on the floor, she tried throwing it down and it made so much noise I was afraid of what was in the dish. Burnie tried it out and he was OK so I decided to eat. It was better than going hungry.

Then on Monday, she locked Burnie and me in the guest room for a very long time. When she finally decided to let us out, I discovered there was no furniture in the living room. She said it was going to be reupholstered, whatever that means. I hope when it comes back, it will still be good for stretching and scratching.

Yesterday she tricked me with some treats in the guest room and locked us up again and there was a lot of noise and people walking in the attic. We were there all day. I didn't see anything different when she finally let us out.

Today, I'm ashamed to say I fell for her trick with the treats again. She locked us up again. There was still a lot of noise. Mom said we're getting a new water heater and there will be more room in the laundry room and the water would get hot real quick.

I really don't know why she keeps locking us up. I'd really like to supervise these workers to make sure they're doing a good job. Burnie could help out too, he likes to climb the ladder and would go into the attic to check things out.

Well, that's my tale of woe. I hope I don't get locked up anytime soon. I really hate being stuck in the same room as Burnie. He's such a whiner, all he does is cry, like that's going to help.

No comments: