Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Scanner Problem

A few weeks ago I installed a scanner so that I can scan all my old photos and keep them forever on my pc. It's a huge task. It's a lifetime of pictures.

Anyway, I followed the directions carefully. I installed all the software. I was so proud of myself that I did it. On the first try, nothing happened. I tried again, still nothing. I made sure all my connections were tight. Power was getting to the surge protector so I assumed it was going to the scanner. I felt all around it, but couldn't find a power switch so I assumed it was automatically on when it was plugged in. Big mistake.

I kept feeling every surface of the scanner and finally found the switch. Of course, it was off. Once I turned it on, everything worked like a charm and I've been scanning ever since.

I'm so embarrassed about this that it took me weeks to admit it in print.

No comments: