Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Dollhouse

One of the ladies in the art group of our community had an old dollhouse taking up space in her home. She and two other ladies in the group decided to renovate it and raffle it off for charity.

Here is a picture of a picture of the original house, front and back. They repainted it, wallpapered it, reroofed it and decorated it. This weekend they will pick the winning ticket.



They made the doors and painted them in in trompe-l'oeil fashion. The panels look so real.

They even have some flowers and plants on the astro-turf in front of the house. I didn't get a picture, but they have bird's nests on the chimneys.


Here are some of the interior shots. I'm sorry that some of them didn't come out so well, I was sick the day I took the pictures.






They even sewed the bed linens themselves. I couldn't get a shot of the towels in the bathrooms. They have tiny roses embroidered on them.



They did a wonderful job, it took a long time, but it was well worth it. There is so much detail. They had some of the furniture, the other pieces they made.
Good job ladies!
I wouldn't mind winning this, but I'm afraid Burnie would probably curl up in one of the rooms and make himself at home while crushing the furniture.



































No comments: