Thursday, April 9, 2009

Travel

Today I got a new book. It's published by Reader's Digest and is called, Off the Beaten Path. It's a travel guide to more 1000 scenic and interesting places in the United States. The sites are listed by state.

Of course, I immediately checked out New Jersey and found that there are quite a lot of interesting places. There's a zoo with the largest private collection of animals in the United States. There's also a living history farm, along with many state parks that I never knew existed. There are many museums and the Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center which has a museum with glass pieces by Dale Chihuly who I think is a genius with glass.

I also discovered that there is a wolf sanctuary in Pennsylvania that I hope to visit and quite a few placed in New York that I've never visited. I checked our the neighboring states and found a lot of places to visit. After those places, I'll head west and south and north. Can't go east since I'm very close to the Atlantic Ocean.

There are so many places I want to see and this book will be a great guide for organizing my day trips, two or three day trips and even week long trips. I can't wait to get started. So much to see, so little time.

1 comment:

HMK said...

I can't wait to hear about your great new discoveries!
Good gist for "Spirit" in a travel info column about Day Trips or Short Local Trips.