Wednesday, April 8, 2009

They're Baaaack

For weeks I've bee looking for them. For weeks there was no sign. Now there is hope. I've started seeing some buds on the small trees around the house.
It's not much, but it is encouraging, even on a cool damp day such as today.
It's a little messy, I really should have cleaned up last fall, but you can see a little green there in my lilac bush.

There you have a few green leaves in my hydrangea bush.



Even my daylillies by the side of the house have started growing.

AND, my indoor hyacinth has opened and is blooming. I really wish I had planted all of them in the house, they have such a lovely scent.


Indoors I've taken cuttings from my coleus and am rooting them. I'd like to put them outdoors when (if) it ever warms up. The front of my house gets full sun in the afternoon and they would be a wonderful red.
Happy Spring!

1 comment:

threecollie said...

The joy of new green life! You just can't beat it!