Sunday, April 5, 2009

Tea Time

Earlier today I decided to make myself a pot of tea. I don't usually drink tea, but I had a sudden desire for some.

While I was waiting for the water to boil (it's true a watched pot never boils) I started thinking about "tea time". When I was still living in Queens I had an elderly housebound neighbor. Every Sunday afternoon I would go over to her house where we would chat and discuss books. Then we would go and have a cup of tea and a cookie or two. It was a nice way to end the weekend and relax to get ready for work the next day.

After I moved away, I tried to visit Grace whenever I was in the neighborhood. Because I had so many problems in my new home, Grace always said I should never have moved away. Sometimes I think she was right.

She recently passed away. I really miss our "tea time".

No comments: