Monday, May 26, 2008

Walking

In an effort to get us moving, our Activities Director has formed a 100 Mile Club. If we walk or run a total of 100 miles, we get a certificate. I tried to get credit for the many, many miles I walked before this club, but no luck.

Last week I started walking again. That's one of the few things I miss about working. When I worked, I got off the train a stop earlier and walked to the office, then I often rushed through lunch so I could take another walk. Then, of course, on the way home I walked to the farthest train station. No wonder I gained weight when I retired. I don't walk any more.

Now I'm trying to get to the walking track at least three days a week. It's a half mile walk around the track, so last week I went around the track twice. Today I decided to increase my distance and walked three times around for a total of 1 1/2 miles. It really is more enjoyable to walk outside and not on a treadmill.

I hope to increase a 1/2 mile every week until I reach four miles. That should only take a little more than an hour out of my day. Pretty soon I'll get my certificate. WOW! Maybe I'll put it on the refrigerator!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

www.100mileclub.com

You can earn a shirt for 25, incentives for 50 and 75, and a certificate and a MEDAL for 100 miles.

It is open to all who are interested...even grown ups!

Let us know if you are interested.

-Kara, 100 Mile Club Founder