Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tourists

Last week on my trip into NY for a lecture at the Met, while on the bus heading up Madison Ave, (I now know better than to walk from Port Authority to the Museum), I was eavesdropping on a conversation between four tourists also heading to the Museum.


They were busily pointing out all the exclusive shops and some of the other riders pointed out other sites of interest. They did not seem like your typical tourists (whatever that is), but I got the impression that it was the first trip for one of the couples. They mentioned a French restaurant on 60th St. that had no name or sign outside. They said the food was very good. Unfortunately, I don't remember the name and it will take some intensive detective work to find it. They said it was not expensive, but, cost is relative. They also spoke about attending someone's debutante ball.


It made the trip more enjoyable, and in spite of the New York traffic, the ride seemed quicker. I just love to eavesdrop, don't you?

No comments: