Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mystery Solved

The other night I woke up around 1:30 AM and heard a beeping sound. I couldn't figure out the source, so I turned on the TV so I wouldn't hear it and went back to sleep.

Last night around the same time I woke up and heard it again. My first thought was that that cricket had come back, but then I realized it sounded more like a truck backing up. I checked the phone, everything was OK there. I checked all around the room and found that it was louder near the door. I opened the door and sure enough it was louder. I went into the kitchen, checked the stove and then the phone. Everything was OK. Then I bent over the clock radio and discovered the source of the noise.

Somehow, the alarm had been set. Wonder which cat did that. I turned off the alarm and went back to bed and thankfully was able to get back to sleep.

No comments: