Thursday, May 22, 2008

Museum Visit

Today I went into the City and surprise, when I got back my rental car was still there. Of course, I did park at another bus stop. When I got to the Park and Ride, I saw that it was "By Permit Only", then I saw that it had metered parking.

I don't know why I expected to see something as old fashioned as parking meters, but I did. I asked a man who was parking his car where the metered parking was. He said it was right there and proceeded to tell me how to park, remember the space number and then showed me how to use the machine to pay for the spot and get my receipt. I didn't have the heart to tell him that I knew how to use the general meter, I just let him show me.

The rest of the trip was uneventful and I made it to today's lecture on Ansel Adams. The lecturer was a woman who was his assistant, so she had some personal anecdotes which added interest to the day. His photography was very good, the composition and shading. And to think he started with a little box camera when he was only 14 years old. Even those pictures were very good.

After the lecture I wandered around the museum for a little while and ended up in the Gift Shop. I found a sale and bought my Christmas cards at a ridiculously low price. They also had a lovely black and white rose vase which I almost bought, but decided against it. However, I did pick up a nice dish, now I just have to find a use for it.

All in all it was a good day and I've gotten over my aprehension about using a Park and Ride. Of course, I don't know if I'll still feel that way when I get my new car. I'm sure that since I haven't heard anything about my car, I'll never see it again and I'm OK with that.

No comments: