Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Reunions

I received a call from a friend about a week ago. She gave me some information on an all years reunion from my high school - Bishop McDonnell Memorial High School in Brooklyn. They are also planning a salute to graduates of special years. This year is the 50th anniversary of our graduation. There will also be a special 50 year reunion a month later in Queens.

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to either or both. I've attended reunions of my grammar school class and they were fun. We still get together about once a year. I look forward to them because I really enjoyed myself in grammar school and I've renewed friendships with my classmates.

High School was another issue. I went from a class of 39 to a class of 60 (and as a senior, 64 in shorthand class). At 13, I was very shy and not at all equipped to travel 45 minutes on the train to go to school. The number of students was overwhelming. There were 300 girls admitted into the freshman class.

I would like to go out of curiosity, but I doubt if anyone would miss me if I don't. The logistics of a trip to Brooklyn would also have to be worked out. Do I stay overnight since it's about a 1 1/2 to 2 hour trip, or do I not attend the dinner so I can get home at a reasonable hour.

'Tis a puzzlement!

No comments: