Saturday, March 17, 2007

On Writing

The other day I was cleaning out some clutter and found copies of the newsletter for parents that I published many years ago. I had forgotten about it.

It made me realize that I have wanted to write for a long time. After my newsletter, I wrote a children's story about a boy and his cat. I even went so far as to send it to a publisher, but they rejected it.

I've always been good at factual writing, but not at what I call "warm writing". On one job, whenever anyone needed a good complaint letter they came right to me. Whenever I had to write a memo about a party or promotion, I went to someone else.

Then I discovered writing as therapy. Since then I've been able to put my feelings and thoughts into words and onto paper, or in the 21st century, computer.

Maybe some day I'll rewrite my story about the boy and his cat and get it published. I have enough stories about cats to write a whole series.

No comments: