Friday, March 30, 2007

CNBC Million Dollar Challenge

Today is Friday. That means it's time to report on my progress with the Million Dollar Challenge.

I've moved up from last week. Then I was in the top 41% with a portfolio value of $1,028,941.17. Today, I'm in the top 32% and rank 149,124th with a portfolio value of $1,029,803.71. My money value only went up less than $1,000, I guess that means several other people did worse than I. If I were playing against the celebrities, I would be in fourth place.

I've gotten more aggressive by buying 1000 shares of companies, and selling when I have a decent paper profit. I've even managed to answer some of the bonus questions to add to my portfolio value.

Tiffany gave me my best profit. I always say, if you can't afford to shop at Tiffany, buy the company's stock. I've made a total profit of over $10,000 so far in spite of the fact that I've had a busy week and couldn't watch the market more closely. Maybe this week will be better.

My goal for next week is to move up to the top 28% and increase the value of my portfolio to $1,033,500.50. Let's see if I can do it.

No comments: