Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why I Am the Way I Am

Several years ago when my company was getting ready to be bought out by a competitor, my boss decided that we should all take a test to see what fields we should consider next. The results of my test showed that I am an Introversion (I), sensation (S), thinking (T), judging (J) type of person. In short, I am an ISTJ personality.

The other day I decided to retake this test to see if I had changed. The results were exactly the same. Some of the characteristics of this type are decisiveness in practical affairs, dependable. Their word is their bond and they experience great uneasiness by thoughts of a bankrupt nation, state, institution or family. The thought of dishonoring a contract would appall a person of this type.

This explains why I'm so troubled by the size of our national debt and the fact that it keeps growing. There seems to be no end to the plans of this administration to spend money. Even our vice president said last week that we were broke and the way to avoid bankruptcy was to keep spending even more money.

It also explains why I'm so bothered by the recent auto bankruptcy. I don't remember whether it was Chrysler or GM where the bondholders, who are supposed to be the first in line for repayment in a bankruptcy, were required to take a small percentage of the money they loaned as repayment, while being pushed behind the union, and the government. The contract (bond) was completely disregarded.

Now we all know why I'm so hard lately on this administration and their waste of our money. I can't help it, I'm genetically programmed to be careful with money, my own and our country's. It's my nature. Maybe someone is working on a pill, or stem cells to cure me of my fear of bankruptcy and desire to fulfill a contract.

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

Reasons why I've taken the Scarlett O'Hara Solution to watching the news or reading about it. I'll worry about it tomorrow... Hubby worries enough for the both of us.