Monday, February 18, 2008

Shopping

This past Saturday I went on a spending spree. I don't often do this, but I did.

First I bought a small camera that will fit into my pocketbook. I've downsized from a totebag to an over the shoulder pocketbook and my other camera doesn't quite fit. I'm the unofficial photographer of the Singles' events. The last time we went out, I was chastised for not bringing the camera, but I saved the day by taking pictures with my cell phone. The quality wasn't great, but it worked. After all, the pictures are only going into the newspaper and even the best quality looks pretty poor.

Then, I decided I wanted a slow cooker. I saw the one I really wanted, but it cost over $100 and I couldn't justify spending that much on something I won't use that much. I picked another one and this one had a bonus of a small pot that could be used for fondue, sauce, dips, etc. The price was only $49.95, but when I brought it to the register, it was on sale for $29.95.

I decided I had spent enough, but when I got home I ordered a new tv for my bedroom since the old one has muffled sound. I should get that one in about a week.

I've tried to find out why I went on such a spree. The only explanation I can come up with is the fact that I had to spend a lot to get my car repaired and I felt that I deserved to have a little fun with my money and not spend it all on repairs.

Sounds good to me

No comments: