Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cars

Today I finally took mySubaru in for service - 90,000 miles. I was told the car was in very good condition ...except for the catalytic converter. I thought about my options, but was told it could not be repaired or tampered with so I would have to replace it.

I was tempted to tell them I wanted to trade it in for a new car, but I'm so close to my goal of 100,000 miles so I said go ahead. When I picked my car up late this afternoon, I asked the price of the car I'd like to get and said I wouldn't buy it until I hit 100,000 miles on my present car. The salesman said that psychologically, it would be better to sell or trade in at 99,000 miles and they expect to have some good deals, rebates and discounts on the 2009's.

So, I guess I'll wait until later this year before I seriously consider a new car. In the meantime, maybe I'll take a few road trips.

No comments: