Thursday, February 21, 2008

Manners, Part II

Today was my second day at the gym and the second lecture. No, this is not going to be a daily recitation of my progress on the treadmill. It's a comment yet again on manners, or a lack thereof.


Naturally, when meeting someone at the gym, we greet, then go on with our exercise. Today, one of the women in our singles group came in, we greeted, she asked if I was listening to something, I said yes. She then proceeded to try to chat with me about our meeting next week, a get together tomorrow, etc. Fortunately I was nearing my goal and I could stop and go home.


Why don't people accept that when one is connected to earphones and a discman that they don't want to talk, unless there is an emergency.


Or am I just a cranky old lady?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you're a cranky old lady, but I would hope that you appreciate the comfortable position you're in compared to some who are alone and lonely. Wouldn't those people love to talk to someone?
Your idea to listen to the tapes and further your education while exercising is smart...and so are you!