Thursday, July 5, 2007

Co-Presidency

I heard an interesting thought on the radio the other day. If the speaker and I remembered correctly, back in 1992 when Bill Clinton was running for president, one of his talking points was that he and Hillary were a team. We would get two for the vote for one.

Now, Hillary is running on, "Our" record, taking credit for all the good of the Clinton administration.

I know it's a stretch, but if we had a co-presidency from 1992 to 2000, doesn't that mean that Hillary has already served two terms, and isn't there a constitutional amendment barring a president from serving more than two terms?

It's just a thought and I wonder how she would react if someone dared to question her about this.

1 comment:

Cromely said...

Or, I suppose, that could mean Bill actually served only 1 term and can run again.