Sunday, July 29, 2007

Cell Phones

I got my first cell phone a little over 10 years ago. I got it because I do a lot of driving, much of it at night and I wanted the security of being able to get help if necessary.

I've never used it much, but I kept upgrading and I must be on my third or fourth now. Last year, shortly after I got my latest phone, I was in my car listening to the radio when I heard some musical interference on the radio. After a while it stopped and I guessed I was out of range. The next day, I was going in the opposite direction when I heard the same interference. Then it dawned on my - it was my phone.

Last week I turned the phone off when I went to church. I forgot the phone was off until today when we had a power failure and I decided to take the phone out and use it as a back-up. After I turned it on, I discovered two messages inviting me to a party on the north shore of Long Island next weekend.

I'm so glad we had the mini power failure, if we hadn't, I probably would not have turned my phone on and I would have missed the party.

No comments: