Monday, August 9, 2010

Vacation

For the longest time I've been talking about my vacation at the end of August. I'm taking a cruise to Canada. It's considered a Canada/New England cruise, but we make no stops in New England.

Once I signed on for this trip, it seemed such a long time away. I can't believe that it's almost here. I've started making a list of clothes to take and already it's too long. I always pack too much. I can justify it this time since I have to consider the weather, it's probably cooler in Canada than here.

I really wish I could be one of those people who can make several outfits out of four pieces. I need different outfits for every day. Of course, I'll need a change of clothes for dinner.

Then there are the shoes. Of course I need sneakers for walking, sandals for lounging on the deck of the ship and dress shoes for the evening and slippers for walking around the cabin. I don't like to walk barefoot.

Then there's the jewelry. I can't wear the same earrings every day. And I have a reputation to maintain. I wear a lot of jewelry. I like jewelry. Of course it's all costume, nothing real. Some of my friends look forward to seeing what I'm wearing. I wouldn't want to disappoint them.

I haven't even mentioned my cosmetics yet. I don't wear much make-up, but there are all the lotions - moisturizer, hand cream, foot cream, shampoo, cream rinse, liquid soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, large round hair brush, small round hair brush, headbands, etc. The list just goes on and on.

I'm hoping to get buy with a carry-on size bag and large tote. After all, this is only a five day trip. Wish me luck with paring my list of "must haves" down to a reasonable size.

No comments: