Friday, August 13, 2010

Today, our Fine Arts Group and I went to an art show for seniors. There's a lot of talent out there. There were several categories - oil, acrylic, craft, drawing, mixed media, pastel, sulpture, watercolor and photography. Members of our group exhibited their work. I had thought about submitting something in the photography category until I realized that I could only submit one. I couldn't decide on one photograph. Hopefully next year.

We had two winners.

Self-portrait - 66 Years Later in pastel came in 2nd.

And, Eternal Sunrise took an honorable mention in the acrylic category.


Here are some of the other submissions. This is a drawing of Stone Steps Leading to Ancient Burial Crypt in Jerusalem

Unfortunately, I don't remember the media for this. I love the sky on this.


Again, I don't remember the media for these two. The top picture took first place and the next took second place in the same category. I really think the prizes should have been reversed. But, what do I know?



If I remember correctly, this took first place in the photography category. It's called Empty Nest Syndrome.

Here's another. I don't think it took any ribbon, but I like it. I like anything about nature.

1 comment:

threecollie said...

Those are simply fabulous! I love local art shows like that. The level of talent is always astonishing. I would be hard pressed to choose a favorite.