Friday, August 27, 2010

Procrastination

The more I look around my house, the more simple chores that I simply hate to do and ignore until I've reached the point that they must be done.

The first is the dishwasher. I don't know why, but for some reason, I hate to empty the dishwasher. I will go days handwashing my plates and cups rather than empty the dishwasher. I know that it takes less than 5 minutes to empty and put everything away, but I avoid it like the plague.

The next is laundry. I have no problem washing and drying. When I empty the dryer, everything just sits in the basket for a week or so. Last week I had to go to the laundry room every day to get something to wear. Again, if I fold when dry it would take maybe 10 minutes, but no I have to procrastinate.

The worst procrastination has to do with light bulbs. I hate to change them. I let them go until there are many to be changed. Until then, sometimes I'm fumbling around in the dim light to find things or see if dinner is ready.

When I mentioned these little idiosyncrasies to a friend, she said I needed therapy. Maybe she's right.

No comments: