Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fuzzy Math

I just sat through the president's campaign appearance on The View. I didn't want to, but I felt it was important and I just might learn something unfiltered by the media.

My time would have been better spent daydreaming. There was nothing new, just a rehash of his claims of how wonderful he is. Personally, I think an appearance on a talk show, any show by a sitting president belittles the office of the president. The president is supposed to be special, above it all. His time could have been better spent.

I did learn something today though. We constantly hear from the president that the economy he inherited was in dire straits and no one challenges him. Today, he claimed, twice, that when he took office we were losing over 700,000 jobs a month. Today, the unemployment figures for the last week were 450,000. This number is down 11,000 from last week. Using the math I learned, the unemployment for the last two weeks is 911,000 which in two weeks is way over 700,000 jobs a month that the president claims he inherited.

Unless my math is wrong, the numbers show that the economy is truly doing worse that it was under George W. Bush. Why hasn't the media called the president on this phony math of his.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you, daytime tv is unpresidental and he should finally stop blaming the past administation, it's childish, if nothing else.

Snooty Primadona said...

The media won't bring it up because the majority of the media is liberal. They helped get him into office & aren't about to admit they MIGHT have been wrong...

It's time for the president to grow up & quit blaming everything on past administrations.