Thursday, September 24, 2009

New Toaster Oven

A few weeks ago my toaster oven died. I hadn't had it that long, but since I use it often, sometimes once or twice a day, I understood. But I was lost without it. I can't see heating the big oven for 1/2 a chicken breast, or one small piece of steak.

I was lucky enough to get a replacement on sale. As soon as I got it home, I unpacked everything and plugged it in after I glanced at the instructions. The next morning as I got ready to make my toast, I turned the knob to toast but nothing happened. I tried another dial, still nothing. I was forced to really read the instructions. Finally it worked. Everything went well for a while.

Then I went away for four days. I unplugged the unit. The other day I wanted toast for breakfast. I put the bread in the oven, turned the toast dial. Nothing happened. I played around with the dials for a little while, still nothing happened. Then I realized what was wrong. I forgot to plug it in.

Everything works fine now. It really pays to read instructions and make sure the equipment is plugged in.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

my food processor died lat month. It was YEARS old.

Now I can't cook anything.

I've never had a toaster oven -- but my daughter has one that she uses constantly. Maybe I should get a new kitchen so I have room for one.

ms/sss said...

What struck me were your last words, "It really pays to read instuctions...". Now why can't a man do that? Maybe because he's still working hard on trying to ask for directions. You think?