Monday, September 28, 2009

Burnie

This morning started out like any other. I was reading about the adventures of my blogging friends, Burnie was looking out the window and Crash was guarding the door.

Burnie became very excited and was walking from one window to the other, making all sorts of sounds. I thought there was a bird eating the berries from the holly bush and teasing him. I finally got up and looked out the window and saw the reason for Burnie's excitement.

Somehow, a turtle had made it to my lawn. I don't know how he got there, the nearest pond is quite a distance away, at least to a turtle.

We watched him for a while. It's true, they do move very slowly.


Somehow, he made it across the street, but couldn't quite make it up the curb, so I helped him.

I don't know where he went after that.

It's very unusual for us to see any wildlife in my part of the community. I've seen a rabbit once, but my friend, in one of the newer sections, has deer and wild turkeys wandering through her yard. Lucky her.

No comments: