Sunday, March 1, 2009

Am I Addicted

As I've mentioned many times before, I'm finally getting a new desk for my office. This new desk will give me a lot of workspace and will take up almost the whole wall on one side of the room. I'll finally be able to take the scanner off the floor.

Today I decided that, since delivery is expected on Tuesday, I should start rearranging the furniture. Some of it I'll be dismantling and throwing out, the rest may find a home in another room, even though I should get rid of all of it. As I was about to move my printer stand I thought, "what if I have to print something before Tuesday evening?" Maybe I should wait until Monday night, just in case.

Of course, I can't turn my computer off and disconnect everything else until Monday night either. What if someone sends an important email? What will I do without my computer, spreadsheets and email. Of course, I can always use the computer at the clubhouse, but there's nothing like the convenience of your own.

I should add that my computer is purely for personal use, I'm retired. Am I addicted? Could you go 24 hours without internet access? No email, no news, no Word, no Excel and worst of all, no games. Whatever will I do?

No comments: