Wednesday, March 11, 2009

New Desk

I just heard today that my missing desk parts will be delivered tomorrow. It will be so good to have the complete set-up.

Because the desk I'm using isn't big enough, I can't use my speakers or my external drive. And, believe it or not, I'm anxious to do some filing. I have this fantasy that as soon as everything is completely assembled my office will be magically transformed.

I know that now I'll have room to set up my scanner and then I can scan all my old photos and maybe organize them into folders. I can dream, can't I?

My timing was perfect. Yesterday was our scheduled bulk pick-up day. Monday night I dragged the old desk out of the garage, down the driveway and when I got within three feet of the street, it collapsed. I wonder how much longer it would have lasted. I know my chair was creaking every time I sat down and that definitely wouldn't have lasted much longer.

I can't wait for my complete desk set-up.

No comments: