Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fundraiser

Last night I attended a fundraiser for St. Jude's Hospital in my community. It was a well attended night and we must have raised over $2000.

The added attraction for the evening was a trivia game. I've always thought I was pretty good at trivia, after all, don't I get most of the questions on Jeopardy right? There were 18 teams and I was the captain of our team.

My pride received quite a blow last night. There were so many questions I couldn't answer that I'm glad we had a team of 10. Out of a possible total score of 800, we scored about 560. Obviously, we didn't win, we didn't even show. We came in 9th out of 18 teams. At least we weren't last.

The organizers used questions from Trivial Pursuit, or at least the same format - television, music with numbers in the title, everyday products, etc.

It was a fun evening and, even though we didn't do that well, as they said in Brooklyn, "Wait'll next year!"

1 comment:

ANGELFITZ said...

DEAR MOM,

DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. IT WAS ONLY A GAME, AND ON THE PLUS SIDE, LOOK AT WHAT A GOOD CAUSE YOU WERE A PARTICIPANT IN. IT WAS WORTH MUCH MORE THAN WINNING. SO PICK YOUR HEAD UP AND GIVE YOURSELF A PAT ON THE BACK INSTEAD, YA HEAR? BY MY MEASURE YOU SURE DID GOOD.