Monday, March 23, 2009

Back and Fiesty

I'm back and still feeling fiesty. I've reread my rants and I still agree with them, and I must elaborate on them.

I'm not defending the bonuses paid to AIG executives, but I am condemning the singling out of AIG. They are not the only company to pay their executives such bonuses, but the media has chosen to single them out. My big worry is the fact that somehow the home addresses of these executives were released and busloads of protestors visited those homes. It had the look of pitting the have-nots against the haves, or in other words - class warfare. I hope that no family members are hurt as a result of these demonstrations.

I'm still trying to figure out how the government can pass laws retroactively and selectively.

I did realize one advantage of living along, except for the cats. While I was feeling poorly, I could just rest. If I didn't feel like cooking, I didn't. I could sleep all day if I wanted to. That's the first time in a long time that I have felt so free. Now if only I could teach the cats to open their can of food.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I thought that you must have been quite sick, not being able to keep up with your blog. I hope you're completely well, now.
ms/sss