Saturday, February 28, 2009

Cleaning & Organizing

The other day I learned that my new desk will be arriving on Tuesday. That means that I only have two days to get my office cleared out of the old desk and other pieces of furniture that I've been using for storage.

This morning I started on the task and set up my computer to play my music. I made a little progress with the paperwork. I must have filled three garbage bags with shredded papers. I also did some filing (I hate filing). Then I started getting hungry and stopped for lunch. Since then I've had a hard time getting back to work.

I found a box of pictures and of course, had to check them all out. Then the mail came. Of course I had to stop and read it. All the while I was cleaning and sorting I had to take time to check my email occasionally. At some point I hurt my thumb, probably the strain of filing and tearing up papers that don't have to be shredded.

Then it was time to get ready to go out to dinner with friends.

Will I ever get this room ready?





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you ought to remember the wise words of Gone With the Wind's Scarlett O'Hara, "Oh well...tomorrow is another day."
You are miles ahead of me in organizing things. My husband is a Hector the Collector type person. It's just a losing battle to attempt putting many of our things in order. He thrives well amongst organized disorder!
ms/sss