Saturday, February 7, 2009

Movies

I usually don't like movies, mainly because I don't like to sit still that long. About 1/2 hour is my limit. After that I get restless.

Tonight was the exception. My local PBS station was showing Rain Man. That is the one movie that I can sit through without getting antsy. It's such a good movie and Dustin Hoffman is a fantastic actor. He was so believable as Raymond, and Tom Cruise, although his character was not so nice, wasn't too hard on the eyes.

This was the second time I saw the movie and also the second time I was able to sit still for two hours. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I NEVER THINK TO SIT AND WATCH A MOVIE ON TV, AS I FEEL A BIT GUILTY WITH SO MUCH PAPERWORK AND HOUSEWORK NEEDING MY ATTENTION (WHICH IS DOESN'T GET ANYWAY). ONE DAY LAST WEEK I PUT THE TV ON AS IT WAS A DROWSY, GLOOMY WET DAY AND INERTIA HAD ALREADY SET IN, SO I THOUGHT "WHAT THE HECK" !!! GO FOR IT. I CAME UPON THE MOVIE ARTHUR AND DELIGHTED IN WATCHING IT. I HAD ALSO SEEN IT BEFORE, BUT NO MATTER--IT WAS WORTH SEEING AGAIN. SIR JOHN GIELGUD IS SO GOOD IN THIS. THERE ARE CERTAIN MOVIES YOU CAN SEE OVER AGAIN AND NOT TIRE OF AND COMPLETELY ENJOY. RAINMAN WAS SO GOOD THAT IT FITS IN THAT CATEGORY ALSO. IT STARTED ME THINKING OF ALL THOSE MOVIES I HAD SEEN AND WOULDN'T MIND WATCHING AGAIN. GLAD YOU ENJOYED IT. DEFINITELY A WINNER.