Sunday, December 28, 2008

Thank You Joan Rivers

A few years ago I started watching QVC. When I saw that Joan Rivers would be there selling her jewelry I decided to tune in. I've always enjoyed her comedy, at least it would be an enjoyable hour.

Then they started taking phone calls. Everyone who called said virtually the same thing. The jewelry is beautiful and I always get compliments on whatever I'm wearing. All I could think was that these people should get a life, get real. It's just a necklace or bracelet or watch. Eventually I bought something, then another and another.

One day I was having breakfast at a local restaurant and a strange woman came up to me and complimented me on my beautiful necklace. That was the start. Since then, every time I wear a piece of Joan's jewelry I receive compliments. Now, my friends even look forward to seeing what I am wearing. If they like it, they ask if it's Joan's. My answer is always, "yes".

No comments: